Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Relentless

  


Definition of Relentless:  showing or promising no abatement of severity, intensity, strength, or pace

           Synonyms: determined, dogged, grim, implacable, unyielding, unappeasable, unflinching, unrelenting 

This is how the Merriam-Webster dictionary defines relentless, and it's a great definition.  But if you don't mind, I'd like to explain my personal understanding and perspective of the word.

In my opinion, the word, relentless is easily described as not stopping until the job is done.  No obstacle is too large for someone whose mind is filled determination and heart full of passion.  If you want something, simple, go get it.  Notice I said it was simple, not easy.  A lot of times, in order to achieve something worth having, it is necessary to step out of your comfort zone.  You must get comfortable with the idea of not being comfortable.  It may take a little more sweat than your used and your hands may get dirty, but that's okay.  A little dirt don't hurt!

In order to get what you want, you have to be RELENTLESS in your quest.

You must keep going up in order to reach the top.   You must do whatever it takes no matter what.  When obstacles present themselves, you may need to go over, under, around, or through- but DO NOT QUIT.  Find a way, because there is always a way!  Find a productive pace, keep it steady, and never stop moving until you get what you desire.

Sometimes those closest to you may stand in your way, intentionally or not.  Just politely tell them to step aside, because you have some business to take care of. You may be judged critically by others that don't understand why you're working so hard.  Let your actions speak for you.  At times, no one is going to be there to cheer you on or encourage you.  Be your own cheerleader, and pat yourself on the back.   

The relentless let nothing stand in their way.

If you're working really hard and not yielding any results, re-evaluate your current actions and find out if you need to take a different path.  Sometimes it is the unconventional methods that will lead you to the promise land.  You've probably heard this one far too often, but if there is a will, there is always a way.        

If you haven't noticed it's Winter, and it's freaking cold!  I mean it's down right frigid outside.  Snow is a four letter word as far as I'm concerned.  I loathe cold weather, and I still don't understand why I haven't moved to a beach some where in South America.  Seriously, I could live in Costa Rica.  

These freezing temperatures, at times, have me thinking of skipping out on a workout or two simply because it's cold and I don't want to go outside.  But I have goals.  I have dreams.  I have big ambitions of lifting some really heavy ass shit! With that being said, the cold weather is NO excuse for me not to put in the work that is needed.  I cannot let anything stand in my way.  Not even snow.  I must be RELENTLESS!

So if you'll excuse me, I have to bundle up and head to the gym.  I have some work to do.


Now here is a woman that is relentless!




              

No comments:

Post a Comment