Saturday, December 21, 2013

2014 is Coming. Make it Exceptional.


I have a sudden urge to blog.  I'm not sure why I'm blogging.  I haven't blogged in so long, I feel like I forgot how to.   Maybe I just want to say hi (which I do).  Maybe the reason I'm blogging is to motivate you and/or inspire you to rise higher than your current situation.  Maybe I'm writing this to remind you that you can do whatever you desire, but you have to take action.

2014 will begin in 10 days, and you should cease the moment, follow your dreams, and go after your goals with no apologies!  I hate to sound cliché and redundant, but seriously...time does not stop for anyone, and the longer you put off your to-do list and the longer you tell yourself "I'll do it later" the longer you're putting off true joy.  I tell you from experience that the more you put your goals to the side, the more you accept complacency and the status quo.  Don't accept mediocre.  Don't accept average.  Dare to live an exceptional life.  Dare to live your dreams out loud.  Do it and don't apologize.  You won't be disappointed, the journey is the best part.

I am proud to announce that I am the co-owner of Black Powder CrossFit in Dallastown, PA.  It is one of the biggest accomplishments of my life, but not for the reason that most people might think.  It's not about the money.  It's not about the status.  It's not about anything but following through on a vision that I have had, for many years, to help others help themselves through health and fitness.  It's an accomplishment for me because I finally took a chance on myself, threw caution to the wind, let go of any insecurities, and brought my dreams to reality.  That is something I have been mortified of for years!

I am not kidding when I tell you that for YEARS have I brainstormed and scribbled idea after idea on many notepads.  I have had countless conversations with some of my closest friends in which they encouraged me to take the leap and follow through on my dream.  I never would step over that ledge because I was mortified of how I might land...or not.  Looking back, I am unsure if I was scared to fail or afraid to succeed, but the one thing I was certain of is that I was not happy.

I don't claim to know it all.  I never have and never will.  But I will tell you this; if you have a dream that is being fanned by a deep desire and passion...DO IT!  Stop wishing.  Stop day dreaming.  Stop putting it off and do it!  Seriously.  This is not a Nike ad, but Just do it. 

What is the worst thing that could happen?  Will you lose free time?  Sure.  Could you lose a little money?  Maybe.  Could you lose a little sleep?  Certainly.  Could you lose some friends.  Probably.  Will you question your sanity?  More than once, yes.  But believe me, it's worth it! 

To be honest, money comes and goes.  In regards to sleep, once you turn 30 it seems you can never get enough.  And if others turn their back on you because you envisioned a different life for yourself...so be it.  It doesn't mean that you shouldn't live your dreams out loud.  Sometimes little sacrifices must be made in order to rise to the purpose of your life. 

Really all I'm saying is take a chance on yourself and believe in what you can do.  Do you have a desire to travel around the world?  You only live once.  Are you a CrossFit athlete and want to compete?  Train hard and go hard!  Would you like to go back to school and get your degree?  There's no time like the present.

Don't put limitations on yourself.  Don't accept complacency.  Don't sit back and think about it, take action and do it.  Anything is possible.  Anything.  Think about it.  Humans are capable of inventing electricity and traveling to the moon.  We can do anything, and that includes you.  Make 2014 an exceptional year!   

"We all have dreams.  But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort."  Jesse Owens   










No comments:

Post a Comment