Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Practice

 

Remember when you were learning how to ride a bike?  Did it take you one try before you learned?  Were you able to ride with no-hands or pop a wheelie on your first try?  What about your 2nd or 3rd try?   I highly doubt it.  In fact, I'm guessing you were left with a few bumps, bruises, and scratches before you figured out how to peddle and keep yourself upright without falling. 

When learning new skills, if you want any kind of proficiency, practice is essential.  Actually, I would say it's a requirement. 

I'm a CrossFit coach, and when a particular skill pops up on the white board, *clears throat*...double unders...I here a lot of "I wish" comments.  "I wish I had double unders", "I wish I had pull-ups", "I wish my squats were stronger" "I wish I had more endurance". 

Stop wishing, and start practicing!  Like the great motivational speaker, Tony Robbins says "don't wish it were easier, wish you were better. And start doing something about it."

If you want to learn how to: run, swim, throw, play basketball, dance, shoot a gun, rock climb, wrestle, ice skate, Olympic weightlifting...PRACTICE!

We all have skills that we would like to master and goals that we'd like to achieve, but none of it is possible without a little hard work and dedication.   A little practice goes a long way.  There is only one way from point A to point B, just like there is only one way to perfect a skill that you desire and that's through practice.  Anything is possible.  You learned how to ride a bike, didn't you?


  

     

   

No comments:

Post a Comment