Sunday, April 16, 2017

96 Days Out!




This is going to be short and sweet.  There is not going to be any deep or philosophical message today.  I am simply posting this to hold myself accountable for 96 days.  I am 96 days out from my first CrossFit competition in over 4 years.

Did you just read that?  I haven't competed in anything in over 4 years!  But I bit the bullet and signed up for a local CrossFit competition, Battle Royale that takes place on July 22nd.

This is exciting and a little nerve racking to me, because I haven't competed in FOUR YEARS! Also, because I am a business owner and my schedule is slammed.  I wake-up at 4:30am M-F, and typically don't get to bed until 10pm or later. For the last 3 1/2 years, my main focus has been setting up and running my gym successfully.  And while I still workout and train 5-6 times a week, I have placed my competitive side on the back burner.

If I'm honest, I have hidden behind the excuse that BPCF must come first and my fitness goals and potential come last.  That is going to stop now.  I am learning that my goals and dreams must come first if I am to be fulfilled.  I am also learning that adding a new challenge to the mix will only enhance BPCF and validate my credibility, because I will be walking the walk even more!

I thought I was going to make a run at the 2017 CrossFit Open that took place in March, but a small elbow injury set me back.  With that I decided not to enter in the Open, and left me a little disappointed in myself for not doing so.  The opportunity to sign up for Battle Royale presented itself, and I decided to take the plunge head first and sign up for the individual RX division.

I understand that I have A LOT of work to do.  I understand that I will probably be one of the oldest women in this division.  I understand that this will not be for the faint of heart.  And for these reasons I am fired up and ready to work my ass off to do my best.

My goal is to finish top 10.  That may not seem like such a big deal, but this is going to be a challenge.  Difficult yes, but not impossible.

I am 96 days out from my first CrossFit competition in over 4 years!

Join me on this journey as I track my progress and hold myself accountable via blog, videos, and pictures.




  


No comments:

Post a Comment