Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday June 13, 2012

Today was a special day for me.  One year ago today I had surgery on my right shoulder.  The past year has been one of the most difficult times for me...physically, mentally, and spiritually.  I'm not going to get into the specifics of what I've been through in the course of the year, but just know that there has been a lot of pain, a lot of heartache, and a lot of tears.  But I have worked really, really, really ridiculously hard to get to where I am now...physically, mentally, and spiritually ...and I feel stronger than ever!  I am going to do whatever it takes to NEVER go back to that place again.

I can't describe the feeling I had to know how far I've come.  If there is anything I learned from this whole experience it is:
  1. Put God first
  2. Be your own best friend...because people disappear when you're down
  3. Work hard for what you want
  4. Diligence pays off
  5. Patience is a virtue
  6. Put God first...yep I said it again.
Today's workout was awesome!  Today...there were a lot of smiles!

Mobility work 1st for shoulders, hips, neck, and ankles

Strength: StrongLift 5x5 B
Back squat- 5x5 @ 125lbs
Overhead press- 5x5 @65
Deadlift- 5x5 @155

Conditioning:

Part 1:
3 rounds for time:
6- stone to shoulder @ 73lbs.
12- box jump @24"
time= 3:56

Part 2:
3 rounds for time:
5- log viper press @ 70lbs
400m run
time= 7:53

One more step towards being more badass!



No comments:

Post a Comment