Monday, June 17, 2013

I Am MissFit: Challenge For Change- Day 8 "The Break Through"

Anyone who has been following The MissFit Movement blog knows that we are in the midst of the I Am MissFit: Challenge For Change.  Today marked day number 8, and I can honestly say that today was the first day that I felt I actually took a whole-hearted step in the right direction. 

I don't know what in the heck got into me but I woke up on time (I only hit the snooze button once), I made a to-do list (and followed it), I did all of my homework (nothing changed...I still hate statistics), I finalized the I Am MissFit Trademark application, and had time to relax.  I think I had a bit of a break through today!  Can I tell you that if my flexibility was better, I'd pat myself on the back...


Proof that I made a To-Do list (yes, I have the handwriting of a 2nd grader...deal with it.)


I think the key lays in keeping the right attitude and perspective.  Ultimately, the changes that I want are in my best interest and will do me nothing but good.  But in order to accomplish anything I have to keep a positive outlook and look forward to tasks rather than dreading chores.  In life, I feel that there are only two types of people; 1) people that do 2) people that don't.  The people that do are usually happy and live the life that they want, and the people that don't usually live a miserable existence, find excuses as to why they can't or really why they won't.  I don't know about anyone reading this, I can only speak for myself, but I want to live with joy and that will lead me to the life that I want. 

That leaves me with one option; I want to be a doer.

I know that each day is different and that I will be faced with the unknown and unknowable from time to time, but that isn't a reason to throw my hands up and surrender.  In most circumstances we are more than equipped to handle any situation, we just need to have the right attitude and faith that our actions will take us to our desired destination.  If we want to win, we have to find a way to win.

Who knows what day 9 will bring.  Here's to keeping a positive attitude!

Until next time, be well!

L. Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment