Saturday, June 15, 2013

I Am MissFit: Challenge For Change- (Humbling) Week 1

Thank God this challenge is 45 days!  The first 5 days have been very difficult for me.  It turns out, change is hard! 

Here's a little reminder of the challenge that I have posed to myself:
  • To give more than is expected of me.  Everyday I will give of myself 100%, because there are a lot of times that I hold back and that limits my potential.
  • To be more organized.  Everyday I will strive to be more organized in my work and school life, in hopes that it become a habit.
Recap of my week:

Day 1, Monday June 10, 2013: Over slept.  All of my personal training appointments were cancelled due to construction.  One might think that this would have been the perfect time to get organized or do some school work, but I played way to long in the gym and tired myself out.  I was pissed at myself, but better luck tomorrow...

Day 2, Tuesday June 11, 2013:  Woke up feeling exhausted, which is weird because I had 7 hours of sleep.  I got some advice that I should eat some more carbs, so I made that happen.  Instantly I felt better.  I even hit a snatch PR later that day!  I believe I hit the PR due to the fact that I let go of any fear or anxiety and gave it my all.  Because of that, I treated myself to an almond mocha smoothie from Smoothie King.  :)

Day 3, Wednesday June 12, 2013:  I had to be up super early to run the 5:15am class.  I hadn't done that in a long time so I was excited for it.  I think that the added carbs helped my energy levels, because I was very pumped!  Although the start of my day was great, it didn't hold.  I ended up getting off track with my to do list due to procrastination.  At this point, my good intentions are failing me.  I started to rethink my approach to this challenge.  Am I going to be able to change?  I must find a way!

Day 4, Thursday June 13, 2013:  This is a better day.  I wake up on time, but I feel extremely overwhelmed because I have a full day at the gym plus a huge workload for school.  I decided to take a rest day from working out for a couple of reasons, but mainly because I was tired and my hamstring wasn't cooperating with me.  That was a disaster waiting to happen...so I opted out.  I let my dislike for my Statistics class get the best of me, I put off the homework assignments that were piling.  Besides, the NBA finals were on...

Day 5, Friday June 14, 2013:  I woke up on time.  I had my 2 usual personal training sessions that morning.  My energy levels were great!  I had a few meetings, and I even snuck in time to get my eye brows done :)  When I got home, I started to evaluate my actions during the 1st week of the challenge.  I have so much changing to do!  I can do this!

Like I said earlier, change is hard!  The first thing that needs to change is my attitude.  I am determined to take the necessary steps to get the wanted outcome.  I will be honest, I thought that my actions would be different because I took on the challenge to change.  Heck, I'm the one that started this Challenge For Change...so I feel there is a little more pressure on me to produce.  But the truth is, I can only take this one day at a time and try my hardest!  Bad habits are hard to break.  I have 45 days....I will stay patient.



No comments:

Post a Comment