Monday, June 10, 2013

I Am MissFit: Challenge For Change- My declaration

Today is the first day of the 45 day I Am MissFit: Challenge For Change.  I'm not sure if it will have much of a following or if anyone will actually take part in it, but it won't stop me from participating in the challenge myself.  Personally, I need to change a couple of things about myself and figured that I'd invite anyone, heck everyone, to join me in the process.

Recently I took a mini-vacation to Florida to "try to relax."  As I was lying on the beach soaking up the sand, I began to evaluate my life and the outcome was simple- I need to change.  I tend to be extremely self-critical (...but who isn't) and honest with myself, but the one thing that I feel I lack when it comes to changing habits about myself is "follow through."

I asked myself, "how can I commit to the changes that I need to make in my life?" And then I had what they call an "A ha moment."  I thought, "why not pose a challenge on The MissFit Movement blog to other women looking to make a commitment to change something in their lives?"

I am a firm believer in what I like to call "walking the talk."  I know that by publicly posting what I want to change about myself, I will have to hold myself accountable and follow through because people are watching.  To be completely honest, maybe no one will be watching me at all, but there is a possibility that someone will be watching...and that is enough motivation for me.

So for the next 45 days I will take at least one action, daily, towards the changes that I want to occur in my life and document it for all to read. 

My I Am MissFit: Challenge For Change is:
  • To give more than is expected of me.  Everyday I will give of myself 100%, because there are a lot of times that I hold back and that limits my potential.
  • To be more organized.  Everyday I will strive to be more organized in my work and school life, in hopes that it become a habit.
For the next 45 days I will be posting my journey.  It is said that the definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result, so this better work because I don't want to be crazy.  I am not really sure what is going to happen, but I do know one thing...I will change!  Stay tuned.


In Good Health,

L. Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment